Trusted advisor and consultant at Board and CEO level
Gerry Walsh has 25 years experience in senior management. He is an experienced business advisor who provides strategic support to the Boards and Senior Management teams of a number of Irish and International companies.
As CEO Bord Gáis from 2000 to 2007 he led the transition of the company to becoming an all-island energy company providing both gas and electricity to customers on the island of Ireland. Gerry Walsh left Bord Gais 2007 to work in the private sector as a strategic business consultant.
Formerly, Chairman of Cork Airport Authority, Gerry currently serves on the Board of Dublin Airport Authority where he is Chairman of The Audit Committee of the Board and is Senior Independent Director.
Gerry is also a Director of Vermilion Energy Ireland Ltd
- Honours Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) degree from University College Cork
- MBA from University College Cork in 1995
- He was awarded a Fellowship by Engineers Ireland in 2003 for exceptional achievement
- Certificate in Executive Coaching at Henley Business School in 2011
- He attended a number of one-week intensive courses in Harvard Business School including one on ‘Change Management and Innovation’ delivered by Michael Tushman, Clayton Christensen and John Kotter